The Pastry Angel shall exercise all reasonable skill, care and diligence in the provision of services for the Customer within the time periods indicated in the estimate, or on the invoice. The Pastry Angel shall perform the services offered and invoiced for in accordance with normal professional standards within the patisserie services industry.
- Delivery and setup is charged per hour at an agreed rate and is payable in advance as per above.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. The Customer is responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s) or arranging this with the venue. Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, at an optimal room temperature between 18 to 22 degrees Celsius.
- A policy of “No dough. No cake.” is applicable.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure bookings.
- Full payment is required a minimum of 7 (seven) days prior to function date, unless otherwise stipulated for big functions i.e. weddings or when paying cash.
- Your initial deposit reserves your event date and is non-refundable.
- We must receive the balance by the due date indicated or contract is null and void, and the deposit will be forfeited.
- The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavours of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
- A late payment fee of R250 for last minute orders or confirmations that fall outside of the above stipulations, will be charged.
- All payments must be made on or before the date of delivery in cash or via EFT.
- All late payments will attract a 15% late payment fee every 30 days.
- This fee is compounded.
- Should an account be older than 90 days, it will be handed over to our collection agency and you risk being blacklisted.
- All collection fees, legal fees and costs associated with late payment are for your personal account and will be collected by our Attorney, Ryan Lewis and Associates.
- Occasionally live flowers or parts of plants, such as petals, are used on our baked goods or for display purposes. You acknowledge fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants regardless of whether they are organic or not. The Pastry Angel will not be held accountable nor liable (see below) for any allergic reaction due to the consumption of or exposure to the plant material on our products. We will exercise every reasonable care to ensure that we do not unnecessarily expose you or your guests to any of the above contaminants when we purchase live flowers or plants on your behalf.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, eggs, wheat, nuts, soya, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk. The Pastry Angel will not be held accountable nor liable (see below) for any allergic reaction due to the consumption of or exposure to our products. Should there be any known food aversions or allergies, please notify us, in writing of the this so that we can safeguard against cross contamination of products or warn against consumption of our baked goods.
- If you, or your representative, elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the cake once it leaves The Pastry Angel premises.
- The Pastry Angel will not be held liable for any failure to complete this order and /or agreement due to anything out of our control including, but not limited to: labour disputes or strikes, accidents, Acts of God, electrical rolling brown-outs, traffic problems and other causes beyond our control.
- Should Pastry Angel have to make an ‘executive decision’ due to your failure to respond to messages or requests in writing regarding any design, colour scheme or issue with the baked goods, particularly cakes, we will not consider a refund or credit for your order. It is imperative that you respond timeously and not leave anything to chance.
- If equipment is to be rented from The Pastry Angel for the display of the cake(s) you assume all responsibility and liability for the replacement of the equipment should it be lost or damaged.
- If your cake requires equipment such as columns, cake plates or a stand, a security deposit must be left with us at the time of final payment in order to ensure safe return of the equipment. We will return this security deposit when the equipment is returned to us in original condition no later than one week past the event date.
- The security deposit is forfeited if equipment is not returned by ‘Equipment Return Date’ on your invoice/estimate or as agreed.