The Pastry Angel shall exercise all reasonable skill, care and diligence in the provision of services for the Customer within the time periods indicated in the estimate, or on the invoice. The Pastry Angel shall perform the services offered and invoiced for in accordance with normal professional standards within the patisserie services industry.
- Delivery and setup is charged per hour at an agreed rate and is payable in advance as per above.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. The Customer is responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s) or arranging this with the venue. Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, at an optimal room temperature between 18 to 22 degrees Celsius.
Payments and refunds
- A policy of “No dough. No cake.” is applicable. Should we not receive payment as per specified timelines, we will not purchase stock, nor will be bake the order.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure bookings, particularly bookings made far in advance, or for large functions.
- Full payment is required a minimum of 7 (seven) days prior to function date, unless otherwise stipulated or agreed, for big functions i.e. weddings or when paying cash.
- Weddings and large functions – We do offer payment terms which include monthly instalments, 50% up front with balance due 30 days ahead of function date or an agreed discount on full upfront payment in the month you book your function.
- Your initial deposit reserves your event date and is non-refundable.
- We must receive the balance by the due date indicated or contract is null and void, and the deposit will be forfeited.
- The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavours of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
- Payment of the supplied invoice is the only guarantee that your order has been received. In addition, payment of the supplied invoice constitutes your full acceptance of all the detail captured on the invoice including, but not limited to, date, colour scheme, time of event, delivery instructions and theme.
- A late payment fee of R250 for last minute orders or confirmations that fall outside of the above stipulations, will be charged.
- Please note that we do not give refunds on orders. We offer a credit to the value of the order only, except where an order is cancelled within seven days of the order date, in which case, the order is forfeited in it’s entirety.
Order changes or amendments
- Requested changes will only be accepted in writing via email.
- Requested changes must clearly specify the detail of what is being changed.
- Changes cannot be made within 30 days of a big function, such as a wedding or within 7 days of a booking.
- Unless you have received a written reply via email acknowledging and accepting the changes, consider the changes neither to have been seen nor accepted by The Pastry Angel. The onus is on you, the Client to ensure the changes have been seen and accepted by The Pastry Angel.
- All payments must be made on or before the date of delivery in cash or via EFT.
- All late payments will attract a 15% late payment fee every 30 days.
- This fee is compounded.
- Should an account be older than 90 days, it will be handed over to our collection agency and you risk being blacklisted.
- All collection fees, legal fees and costs associated with late payment are for your personal account and will be collected by our Attorney, Ryan Lewis and Associates.
- Occasionally live flowers or parts of plants, such as petals, are used on our baked goods or for display purposes. You acknowledge fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants regardless of whether they are organic or not.
- The Pastry Angel will not be held accountable nor liable (see below) for any allergic reaction due to the consumption of or exposure to the plant material on our products. We will exercise every reasonable care to ensure that we do not unnecessarily expose you or your guests to any of the above contaminants when we purchase live flowers or plants on your behalf.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, eggs, wheat, nuts, soya, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk. The Pastry Angel will not be held accountable nor liable (see below) for any allergic reaction due to the consumption of or exposure to our products. Should there be any known food aversions or allergies, please notify us, in writing of the this so that we can safeguard against cross contamination of products or warn against consumption of our baked goods.
- If equipment is to be rented from The Pastry Angel for the display of the cake(s) you assume all responsibility and liability for the replacement of the equipment should it be lost or damaged.
- If your cake requires equipment such as columns, cake plates or a stand, a security deposit must be left with us at the time of final payment in order to ensure safe return of the equipment. We will return this security deposit when the equipment is returned to us in original condition no later than one week past the event date.
- The security deposit is forfeited if equipment is not returned by ‘Equipment Return Date’ on your invoice/estimate or as agreed.
The Pastry Angel shall not be deemed in breach of this Agreement if The Pastry Angel is unable to complete the services and / or products or any portion thereof by reason of:
- IT failure,
- Internet connectivity disruption,
- Traffic jams or delays,
- Labour dispute,
- Act of God or public enemy,
- Illness or incapacity of The Pastry Angel, its representatives or Agents,
- Any local, national or international law, governmental order or regulation,
- Delays in the supply of any relevant material or information by the Client,
- Delays in sign-off and / or acceptance by the Client,
- Delays in payment by the Client,
- Any other event beyond The Pastry Angel’s control.
Collectively, a “Force majeure event”. Upon occurrence of any Force majeure event, The Pastry Angel will, where applicable and (or) necessary, give notice to the Client of its inability to perform the contracted service or of the delay in completing the contracted service by the Agreed date. The Pastry Angel will be relieved of its obligation to provide the product and / or service by the Agreed date but shall endeavor to continue to perform its obligations as per these terms and conditions. The Client and The Pastry Angel shall propose revisions to the time and date schedule for completion of the service and / or product.
- If you, or your representative, elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the cake once it leaves The Pastry Angel premises.
- Should Pastry Angel have to make an ‘executive decision’ due to your failure to respond to messages or requests in writing regarding any design, modification to colour scheme or issue with the baked goods, particularly cakes, we will not consider a refund or credit for your order. It is imperative that you respond timeously and not leave anything to chance.
All Work done by The Pastry Angel for the Client is bound by these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions may be revised from time time at the discretion of The Pastry Angel. The most current version will always be at www.pastryangel.com/terms-conditions/. If the changes are material The Pastry Angel will inform the Client either via email or by posting a notice on The Pastry Angel’s website. By continuing to use services and / or products provided by The Pastry Angel after these changes are effective, the Client agrees to be bound by the revised terms.
This is version 7.2 of the terms and conditions. November 2017.